This group plans, maintains and farms a vegetable garden at Church Meadows for the benefit of Loaves and Fishes. Check the Parish News for information regarding this year’s planning and planting! Contact Deb Rosson
- To provide fresh vegetables to a local food pantry.
- Encourage others to be involved in this amazing outreach effort
- Plan the garden.
- Prepare the garden for planting.
- Plant the crops.
- Weed, and if necessary fertilize, thin and water the plants.
- Harvest the produce when it is ready.
- Deliver the produce to the food pantry.
- Decommission the garden in the fall.
- Investigate potential funding sources.
Some Helpful Skills & Talents
- Willingness to “get dirty”.
- Enjoyment when working outdoors
- Desire to help people.
Group Composition/Term of Service
Unlimited number of volunteers for unspecified time commitments.
Loaves & Fishes food pantry and its clients.