- To work together to listen to the needs of the congregation and the guidance of God.
- To provide high quality and diverse Christian Education Opportunities to the entire Congregation
Typical Committee Tasks/Activities
- The Christian Education Committee works as a team with the Associate Pastor doing what is necessary to provide Christian Education Opportunities for the Church.
- Support and assist the Sunday School Superintendents with Sunday School related activities
- Support and assist Youth Group Leaders with Youth Group related activities
- Provide resources for lay leaders seeking to start Adult Christian Education groups.
- Determine the need for, create, and assist with special pageants, programs, and events, possibly including but not limited to: Christmas Pageants, Children’s Day Pageants, Vacation Bible Schools, Lectures, honoring of education lay leaders, and some table fellowship events.
- Maintain, or arrange for the maintenance of, and promote the Church Library.
- Assist a Search Team with the search for a Director of Christian Education or Minister of Christian Education when necessary.
- Create Guidelines for the Sunday School, Youth Groups, Adult Education Programs, and the Library.