- To prayerfully consider how best to match people and their skills with positions of responsibility within the church.
- Encourage congregants to utilize their talents and abilities in the mission and ministries of the church.
Typical Committee Tasks/Activities
- Identify the skills and talents of the members of the church family.
- Determine where in the church structure we believe those people would best be suited to serve.
- Personally contact those people to ascertain whether they would be interested in filling that or some other position within the church organization.
- Communicate with the congregation about the opportunities within the church where they could put their God-given talents and abilities to use.
- Provide a slate of candidates to the church membership for election to offices & positions within the church.
- Sponsor leadership development events
Some Helpful Skills & Talents
- Willingness to ask people directly about their participation in the church’s ministry.
- Good general knowledge of our church’s many missions/activities
- Desire to help people integrate into the life of our church community
Committee Composition/Term of Office
Five Members for a term of 3 years.
The entire church family.