The high school youth group at CCOL welcomes any high-school-aged youth (9th through 12th grade), no matter where you are along your faith journey. We have weekly meetings most Sunday evenings, from 7-9pm. Meetings are led by Gary Gumuchian, director of Christian education, and Matt and Erica Miller.
Our group consists of students from a number of high schools in the area. We join together, as a supportive and accepting group, for fun activities, games, service projects, Bible study, discussions, and leadership development.
Our ultimate goals are to:
- inspire faithful commitment to Jesus, including Bible study, fellowship, and church attendance
- encourage positive relationships based on the love of God
- provide opportunities for fellowship with peers in a safe, comfortable, and uplifting environment
- provide opportunities for service to others within our community, as well as an annual mission trip experience
The culmination of our program year is our annual mission trip. Each summer, we travel to a different state for a week-long service adventure.
Mission Trip History
2007 – Puerto Rico
2008 – South Carolina
2009 – Texas
2010 – New Mexico*
2011 – Colorado
2012 – Tennessee
2013 – New York
2014 – Virginia*
2015 — Wisconsin
2016 — North Carolina
* home repair trips involving construction